GEH Wasserchemie – Pioneer in ferric hydroxide water treatment
GEH Wasserchemie GmbH & Co. KG is the inventor and manufacturer of granular ferric hydroxide for water treatment. The unique “black granulate” is the basis of our business existence. And it is far more than that for many people. It is the fundamental element that provides them with clean drinking water, the primary ingredient essential for life.
Since our company was founded in 1997, we have been a leading provider of iron-based adsorbents. We manufacture our products at our company headquarters in Osnabrück, Germany, and deliver worldwide. Thanks to our long-term international partnerships, we can guarantee an optimum on-site service, as well as be there for our customers across the globe.
GEH® – the patented high-performance adsorbent for water treatment
GEH® is an iron-hydroxide based adsorption granulate that binds heavy metals and other contaminants and removes them from the water. And that without altering the natural and valuable properties of water! As the inventor of this adsorbent, we held the very first patent for the manufacture of iron hydroxide for water treatment. And not only that: We also initiated the European standardisation for this new product. And today, just like then, we rely on manufacturing raw materials of the highest quality only.
What makes GEH® so special?
Its performance! An impressive example: The larger the specific surface of an adsorbent material, the greater the corresponding absorption capacity, and as a result the performance. A kilogram of GEH® has a surface area equivalent to the size of 30 football pitches. These and other reasons make our product the most effective in the world.
Where can GEH® be used?
Our adsorption material is used in the treatment of drinking water, to treat waste water and to produce process water. It is the globally leading product when it comes to removing arsenic from drinking water.
An overview of the benefits offered by GEH®:
- Up to five-times the adsorption performance compared to rival products
- Product life spans of up to 5 years thanks to its high adsorption capacity
- No storage or handling of chemicals required
- GEH® allows a simple and low-maintenance system technology
- GEH® systems do not require electrical energy
- Proper use of GEH® thanks to flexible delivery quantities
- GEH® systems are ready for immediate operation
- Short delivery times thanks to international sales partners
- GEH® systems do not produce any sludges and waste water that contain arsenic
The leader in ferric hydroxide adsorbent thanks to our seamless quality management
Our quality management system is certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2015. How are we able to guarantee our customers products of impeccable quality? By conducting careful controls – ranging from the examination of the raw chemicals, to the constant production monitoring, and right through to the analysis of the final product.
Better thanks to optimised processes
In addition to the constant improvements that we make to our products, we also put massive effort into the contemporary structuring of all areas of our company – from the in-house organisation and the production procedures, right through to the finished service package for the customer. The quality of our work is confirmed by the following certifications:
- Routine confirmation of GEH® product quality according to DIN EN 15029 by accredited laboratories
- Certification in accordance with the NSF/ANSI Standard 61, in order to meet the demands of our international customers when it comes to drinking water treatment
- Registration in accordance with the Regulation(EC) No. 1907/2006 (REACH) for all GEH Wasserchemie products
- Certified energy management in accordance with DIN EN ISO 50001:2011 in order to ensure a sustainable company management